When Quantrill left Grayson County for good, Gordon remained behind and operated a trading post in the new town. The Gordonville post office is one of the oldest in the county. The town’s population reached its peak of 300 in 1925. After World War II the population declined. In 1949 Gordonville had a population of 200 and six businesses. In the 1965 the Gordonville school was consolidated with that of Whitesboro. In 1989 the community had Baptist and Presbyterian churches and eighteen businesses, while nearby Lake Texoma provided recreational opportunities. In 1990 the recorded population in Gordonville was 220. In 2000 the community contained thirty-seven businesses and 165 inhabitants.
For more information:
Gordonville, Texas Chamber of Commerce
Map of Gordonville